PMC Past Events
Breaking Down Barriers to a Personalized Approach to Medications to Reduce Adverse Drug Events: A Virtual Congressional Briefing
March 29, 2022 | 12:30 - 1:30 p.m. ET
American Society of Pharmacovigilance; Invitae
During this virtual Congressional briefing organized by the American Society for Pharmacovigilance, Invitae, and PMC in cooperation with the offices of Reps. Eric Swalwell (D-CA) and Tom Emmer (R-MN), PMC's Cynthia A. Bens will moderate a discussion about the basics of adverse drug events and pharmacogenomics, the barriers to using this vital information, and solutions to improve medication management in the United States.
- Representatives Eric Swalwell (D-CA) and Tom Emmer (R-MN)
- Cynthia A. Bens, Senior Vice President of Public Policy, Personalized Medicine Coalition
- Aniwaa Owusu Obeng, Pharm.D., Faculty Member, The Charles Bronfman Institute for Personalized Medicine, Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai; Clinical Pharmacogenomics Coordinator, The Mount Sinai Hospital
- Julie Holt, R.N., M.S.N., C.E.N.P., Chief Nursing Officer & Vice President, The Christ Hospital Health Network
- Heidi Rehm, Ph.D., Chief Genomics Officer and Professor of Pathology, Massachusetts General Hospital; Co-director of the Program in Medical and Population Genetics, Broad Institute of MIT and Harvard
- Philip Empey, Pharm.D., Ph.D., Associate Director for Pharmacogenomics of the Pitt/UPMC Institute of Precision Medicine
- Kristine Ashcraft, M.A., M.B.A., Medical Affairs Director, Pharmacogenomics, Invitae
- Benjamin Brown, Executive Director, American Society of Pharmacovigilance
- Sara Rogers, Pharm.D., B.C.P.S., President, American Society of Pharmacovigilance
This widely attended event complies with all appropriate regulations.